+ Practical Evaluation
A detailed review of confined space regulations, typical atmospheric, physical, and mechanical hazards are taught and explained. Control measures are provided along with a number of application exercises focusing on confined space equipment, inspection, gas detection and atmospheric testing, and non-entry and entry rescue are discussed and reviewed.
This confined space course meets or exceeds OSHA 7300 29 CFR 1910.146 and 29 CFR 1926.1200 – 1213 (permit required confined space regulations requirements).
- Confined Space Definition and Requirements
- Discussion of common Fatalities & Mistakes
- 3 “Key” Questions
– What is a confined space?
– What are the hazards?
– What are the precautions?
- Legal Requirements & Review of Appropriate Legislation
– OSHA 1910.146, Permit-required confined spaces (PRCS)
– OSHA 1926.1200 – 1213, PRCS for Construction
– ANSI/ASSE Z117.1-2003, Safety Requirements for Confined Spaces
- Definition of “Competent”
- Review of Confined Space Testing Equipment
- – Calibration of equipment
- – Monitoring equipment
- – Ventilation equipment
- – What equipment is needed
- – Non-entry vs. entry rescues
- – Hands-on practice with rescue equipment